|Chance of Getting a Date|
|Ease of Use / Navigation|
|Value for Money|
MatchEbony may not offer the premiere matchmaking methods of other dating websites on the market, but they do have one upside: they are completely free to use. This means that for black singles who want to browse other singles, mingle, flirt, and chat without having restrictive matches or premium pay-walled services thrown in your face, MatchEbony is the place for you.
How Does The Signup Process Work?
The sign up process for MatchEbony is not nearly as in-depth as other online dating sites that use science-baked matchmaking systems. With MatchEbony, you simply choose a username, fill in your password and e-mail and then fill out who you are and what you are seeking. You will be required to put in your ethnicity, height, body type, country, state, city, zip code, marital status, whether you have kids or want kids, living situation, and whether you like to engage in smoking and drinking. Beyond this, you will be asked to rate yourself based on a social setting and then fill in a basic profile about yourself which includes a photograph.
- The website is completely free to use, all that is required is that you sign up and fill out a profile.
- Communication methods are always free.
- They have a mobile application that is also free and has numerous free features.
- You will primarily find only local black singles.
How Easy is the Site to Use?
Since the website does not offer matches, it ends up being extremely simple to use. You simply sign up, sign in, and start browsing the hundreds of thousands of profiles on the site. Although it may be exhausting to manually search through the profiles, this means that you have full control of who you reach out to and who you respond to. The communication methods are also extremely easy to use and understand as there is virtual gifting, private messaging, photograph upload, and even quick messages.
Pros and Cons
- Has a mobile application that offers mobile chat, quick messages, virtual gifting, private messaging, personal profiles with multiple photographs all for free.
- Is completely free of charge!
- It is always free to communicate.
- They have manual moderation in place so that spam profiles or fake profiles are weeded out.
- You can communicate with icebreaker questions, through e-mail, with a flirt, or through an instant chat system.
- The website was founded by African Americans who wanted to create a community specifically for black singles.
- They have a blog which offers dating tips and advice.
- You can date by city, but they only have four listed: Florida, Texas, Atlanta, and New York.
- The website does not have an SSL certificate, meaning it is not secure. Your connect to the site will not be secure, which opens up your data to being stolen by hackers.
- You can browse profiles right on the homepage and you DO NOT need to sign in or sign up to search the website for a user.
- You are not matched with anyone. You have to do all of the searching manually.
- Anyone can see your profile on the site, whether they are logged in or not and contact you.
- You can only send up to twenty messages per hour and store up to thirty messages in your inbox (including sent messages).
- Deleted messages cannot be recovered!
How The Site Addresses Privacy
The website does have a profile verification system, however if you have any issues with verification, you will need to contact customer support. The company does have a manual moderation system in place to remove fake or spam profiles. Unfortunately, the privacy policies is pretty low as anyone can view your profile (even when not signed in) and there are no tools for changing this.
Editor’s Final Verdict of MatchEbony
MatchEbony is a good service for black singles who want to casually date, hookup, or meet new people in an extremely relaxed environment. The website does not have any secure privacy policies and does have a limit on how many messages you can send and keep. However, it is completely free to use, so it’s a great option for those who are just starting to date online.